The District of Columbia Board of Architecture and Interior Design requires DC-licensed architects to complete 24 hours of continuing education every 2 years.
- CE Requirement: 24 Professional Development Units (PDUs) every 2 years. All 24 credits must qualify as HSW (Health, Safety & Welfare) credits.
- Renewal Deadline: April 30 of even-numbered years.
- CE Cycle: Credits must be earned in the 2-year period immediately preceding the license renewal date. For example, credits earned between May 1, 2016 and April 30, 2018 will count towards your April 2018 renewal.
- Acceptable Coursework: Continuing education courses must be AIA approved under the HSW (Health, Safety, and Welfare) designation. Final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers CANNOT report continuing education credits earned to the Board. Licensees must be prepared to submit documentation (e.g. a transcript or certificates from the course providers).
- Carry-over of credits: Not permitted
Please post your comments or questions in the comments section below or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.