Arkansas Architecture Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, July 29, 2020
The Arkansas Board of Architects, Landscape Architects & Interior Designers requires Arkansas-registered architects to complete 12 hours of continuing education every calendar year.
- CE Requirement: 12 Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) every calendar year. All 12 CEHs must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) credits.
- Renewal Deadline: July 31 every year.
- CE Reporting Cycle: Annually based on the calendar year. Architects must earn the required credits in the calendar year preceding the license renewal (e.g. January 1 through December 31, 2019, for the July 31, 2020 renewal).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Arkansas State Board of Architects does NOT pre-approve courses or providers. Courses approved by AIA or IDCEC under the HSW designation are generally acceptable. It is up to the licensee to determine whether the activity meets the Board’s requirements. As always, final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Registrants attest to completing the annual continuing education requirement by submitting an affidavit at the time of renewal.
- Tracking of Credits: Registered Architects are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for six years from the date of completion.
- Audits: Each affidavit is subject to being reviewed by the board and may be subject to audit for verification of compliance with requirements.
- Carry-Over: Not permitted.