Oklahoma Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, June 4, 2019
Registered Oklahoma interior designers, architects, and landscape architects, are required to complete 24 hours of continuing education every 2 years.
- CE Requirement: 24 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) prior to the biennium renewal date. All 24 credits must pertain to Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW) subjects.
- Renewal Date: June 30 of odd-numbered years.
- CE Cycle: Credits must be earned in the 2 year period immediately preceding renewal date (i.e. period begins July 1, 2021 and ends at 4:30pm on June 30, 2023).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Oklahoma Board of Architects. Landscape Architects, and Registered Interior Designers does NOT pre-approve courses or providers. AIA, ASLA, IDCEC-approved courses are generally acceptable but it is the registrant's responsibility to use his/her professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria as summarized in this post and - most importantly - as detailed on Board's website. Final discretion is up to the board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers CANNOT report continuing education credits earned to the Oklahoma Board. However, registrants are required to attest to the completion of the required continuing education by submitting an affidavit with their license or registration renewal.
- Tracking of Credits: Registrants are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities at least until January 1st of the year following the license or registration renewal for which credits were claimed.
- Audit: All affidavits are reviewed by the Board staff and subject to an in-depth audit to verify compliance with continuing education requirements.
- Carry-over Credits: A maximum of 4 CEUs may be carried over to the next reporting period.
- Did you know? Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically to the International Design Continuing Education Council (IDCEC) so you don’t have to.
Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.