Oklahoma Architect & Landscape Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, January 27, 2020
Licensed Oklahoma architects and landscape architects are required to complete 24 hours of Continuing Education every 2 years.
- CE Requirement: 24 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), of which all must be topics in HSW (Health, Safety & Welfare).
- Renewal Date: June 30 of odd-numbered years.
- CE Cycle: Biennial - Licensees and registrants are required to renew by 4:30pm on June 30 of odd-numbered years.
- Acceptable Coursework: The Oklahoma Board does NOT pre-approve courses or providers. AIA, ASLA, IDCEC-approved courses are generally acceptable but it is the registrant's responsibility to use his/her professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria as summarized in this post and - most importantly - as detailed on Board's website. Final discretion is up to the board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers CANNOT report continuing education credits earned to the Oklahoma Board. However, registrants are required to attest to the completion of the required continuing education by submitting an affidavit with their license or registration renewal.
- Carry-over Credits: A maximum of 4 CEUs may be carried over to the next reporting period.
- Tracking of Credits: Registrants are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities at least until January 1st of the year following the license or registration renewal for which credits were claimed.
- Audit: All affidavits are reviewed by the Board staff and subject to an in-depth audit to verify compliance with continuing education requirements.
- Did you know? Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically to the American Institute of Architects so you don’t have to. Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.