Nevada Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Micène Fontaine, October 28, 2020
Registered Nevada architects, interior designers and residential interior designers are required to complete 8 hours of Continuing Education every calendar year.
- CE Requirement: 8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), all of which must address Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) subjects. 2 of the 8 total CEUs must be code-related.
- Renewal Date: December 31 of every year.
- CE Cycle: Annual - Nevada architects must earn the required credits in the calendar year preceding the registration renewal (e.g. January 1 through December 31).
- Acceptable Coursework: A minimum of 4 CEUs must be earned in structured setting (e.g. seminar, internet or correspondence course). A maximum of 4 CEUs may be earned in self-directed setting (activity related to the registrant's profession but not designed and systematically presented as a continuing education activity e.g. publication of an article, being an active member of a professional organization, teaching, etc.). Courses approved by AIA or IDCEC under the HSW designation are generally acceptable. It is the registrant's responsibility to use their professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria as summarized in this post and on the Board's website. Final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers cannot report continuing education credits earned to the Nevada Board of Achitecture, Interior Design and Residential Interior Design. Registrants are responsible for tracking courses and maintaining supporting documentation in case of an audit. A CEU Tracking Log must be completed and sent with each registrant's renewal. Transcripts and other back-up information will not be accepted by the board, unless a registrant is audited. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Registrants are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 3 years.
- Audit: A random sample of registrants will be selected for an in-depth audit to verify compliance with continuing education requirements.
- Carry-over credits: You may carry over a maximum of 4 CEUs earned in structured setting.
- Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.