Missouri Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, November 19, 2020
The Missouri Interior Design Council requires Missouri-registered commercial interior designers to complete 10 hours of continuing education every two years.
- CE Requirement: 10 Continuing Education (CE) hours every year. All 10 CE hours must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) credits.
- Renewal Deadline: August 31 of even years
- CE Reporting Cycle: Interior Designers must earn the required credits in the two years preceding their registration renewal deadline (e.g. September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2022 for the August 31, 2022 renewal).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Missouri Interior Design Council generally accepts courses approved by IDCEC and AIA under the HSW designation are generally acceptable for credits. Did you know Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically to IDCEC and AIA weekly? As always, it is up to the licensee to determine whether the activity meets the Board’s requirements and final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Registrants attest to completing the annual continuing education requirement on the registration renewal form.
- Tracking of Credits: Registered Interior Designers should maintain proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least the current and the previous registration period.
- Audits: The Council reserves the right to randomly audit registrants for verification of compliance with CE requirements.
- Carry-Over: Not permitted.