Louisiana Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements
Micène Fontaine, December 12, 2017
- CE Requirement: 5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every calendar year. All 5 hours must qualify as HSW (Health, Safety & Welfare) credits.
- Renewal Date: December 31 of every year.
- CE Cycle: Annual - Credits must be earned in the calendar year immediately preceding the license renewal date, meaning credits must be earned between January 1 and December 31.
- Acceptable Coursework: The Louisiana Board of Interior Designers only accepts courses it has pre-approved. However, courses already IDCEC- or AIA-approved for HSW credits are automatically approved by the Board upon submission of a completed course approval form. Final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers are required to report continuing education credits earned to the Board. Licensees must also be prepared to submit documentation (e.g. a transcript or certificates from the course providers) in case of audit.
- Carry-over of credits: Not permitted.
- Did you know? Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically to the International Design Continuing Education Council (IDCEC) so you don’t have to.
Post your comments or questions directly to this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.