Kentucky Architecture Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, June 22, 2020
The Kentucky Board of Architects requires Kentucky-licensed Architects to complete 12 hours of continuing education every calendar year.
- CE Requirement: 12 Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) every year. All 12 CEHs must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) credits.
- Renewal Deadline: June 30 of every year.
- CE Reporting Cycle: Annually based on the calendar year. Architects must earn the required credits in the calendar year preceding the license renewal (e.g. January 1 through December 31, 2019, for the June 30, 2020 renewal)
- Acceptable Coursework: The Kentucky State Board does NOT pre-approve courses or providers. Courses approved by AIA under the HSW designation are generally acceptable. It is up to the licensee to determine whether the activity meets the Board’s requirements. As always, final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Licensees certify compliance with the annual continuing education requirement as a condition of license renewal.
- Tracking of Credits: Licensed Architects are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 5 years from the renewal date for which credits were claimed.
- Audits: The Board randomly audits annual reports of continuing education certifications to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Carry-Over: CEHs may not be carried over into the next reporting period.