Indiana Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Steven Faviano, December 13, 2021
Licensed Indiana architects are required to complete 24 hours of Continuing Education every 2 years.
- CE Requirement: 24 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), of which at least 16 must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW).
- Renewal Date: December 31 of odd-numbered years.
- CE Cycle: Biennial - Licensees must be earn CEUs in the 2 calendar years immediately preceding the renewal date (e.g. 24 CEUs must be earned between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2023 for the December 31, 2023 renewal).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Indiana State Board of Registration for Architects & Landscape Architects do not pre-approve credits. Courses approved by the AIA under the HSW designation are generally accepted but it is the registrant's responsibility to use their professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria as summarized in this post and as detailed on Board's website. Final discretion is up to the board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers cannot report continuing education credits earned to the Indiana Board. Registrants are required to certify that they are in compliance with the Board’s CE requirements on the biennial renewal application. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Records of successful completion of continuing education should be kept for at least 3 years following the registration renewal for which credits were claimed.
- Audit: All architects licensed in Indiana are subject to audit by the Board and upon request will need to provide documentation to support the credits claimed at renewal.
- Carry-over Credits: Not permitted.
- Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.