IIDA Continuing Education Requirements
Micène Fontaine, August 7, 2019
IIDA (International Interior Designer Association) requires professional and associate members to complete ten (10) hours of continuing education (1.0 CEUs) every two years to retain membership.
- CEU Requirement: 10 hours (Professional or Associate Members who joined prior to the start of the current CEU cycle/compliance period).
- CEU Cycle: Two-year period running from January 1 of even-numbered years through December 31 of the following odd-numbered year (e.g. January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2019).
- Acceptable Coursework: IIDA courses and those approved by the IDCEC, including ASID, IDC, and IDEC. Courses approved by AIA/CES and USG/GBCI.
- Reporting of Credits: IDCEC-approved credits are reported by the provider to IDCEC. For courses not approved by IDCEC or not reported to IDCEC by the provider, members may self-report credits to IDCEC.
- Tracking of Credits: Members are to use the IDCEC registry to track earned CEUs and are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities. Did you know? As an IDCEC approved provider, Design Arts Seminars reports credits earned to IDCEC.
- Audit: Members may be asked to produce proof of compliance (certificates of continuing education or transcript showing courses completed during the reporting period.)
- Carry Over Credits: Not permitted.
Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.