Idaho Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Steven Faviano, December 7, 2021
Idaho architects are required to complete 12 hours of Continuing Education every calendar year.
- CE Requirement: 12 hours of Continuing Education, all of which must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW).
- Renewal Date: Licensee date-of-birth.
- CE Cycle: Annual - Licensees are required to complete the continuing education within the calendar year preceding the renewal date. (i.e. credits obtained between January 1 to December 31, 2021 count towards 2022 license renewal).
- Acceptable Coursework:
- Courses approved the the Idaho Board of Architectural Examiners.
- Courses approved by the AIA (American Institute of Architects) under the HSW designation.
It is the registrant's responsibility to use their professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria as summarized in this post and - most importantly - as detailed on Board's website. Final discretion is up to the board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers cannot report continuing education credits earned to the Idaho Board. However, licensees are required to attest that they are in compliance with the Board’s CE requirements on the annual renewal application. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Records of successful completion of continuing education should be kept for at least 5 years following the license renewal for which credits were claimed.
- Audit: All architects licensed in Idaho are subject to audit by the Board and upon written request will need to provide documentation to support the credits claimed at renewal.
- Carry-Over: A maximum of 6 continuing education hours may be carried over to the next reporting period.
- Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.