How are CEU Credits Reported?
Micène Fontaine, July 11, 2017
You've earned CEU credits. Now what? How are they reported? To whom?
Here is what you need to know :-)
Here is what we need:
In order to correctly report the CEU credits you've earned, providers of continuing education need the following items from you (preferably when registering, or before the course is completed):
- Your state-issued professional license/registration number(s). Please note, only a handful of states allow us to report credits directly to them (Florida is one, for example). However, we still need your license/registration number(s) on file to issue your "Certificate of Continuing Education" in case of audit and to report your credits when it is an option.
- If you are a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), we will need your AIA membership number (eight digits, starting with a "3") to report your CEU credits to the AIA. We are unable to look up your AIA membership number, so you must provide it.
- If you are a member of ASID, IIDA, IDS, or IDC, you were automatically issued an IDCEC number (you can look up your IDCEC # here), which we will need to report your CEU credits to the Interior Design Continuing Education Council (IDCEC).
- Please note, you will need to log in to your IDCEC account online to activate it before CEU credits can be reported. It just takes a second, and you only have to do this once, but our hands are tied until this quick little step is completed.
- IDCEC is the umbrella organization for the reporting of Interior Design CEUs credits for:
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
- International Interior Design Association (IIDA)
- Interior Designers of Canada (IDC)
- Interior Design Society (IDS)
- Any Interior Designer who wants to use the IDCEC CEU registry. If you do not belong to ASID, IIDA or IDC, you can create an IDCEC account online on IDCEC's website (fee applies).
Keep in mind that each license, registration, membership, or certification you hold comes with its own set of rules. When in doubt:
- Check out the website of the entity that issued your credential.
- Reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org | @DASceu | 1.800.264.9605.
- Post your comments or questions below.