Hawaii Architecture Continuing Education Requirements
Micène Fontaine, April 3, 2020
The Hawaii Board of Professional Engineers, Architects, Surveyors, and Landscape Architects requires that Hawaii licensed architects complete sixteen (16) hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW) subjects every two years.
- CE Requirement: 16 CEUs in HSW subjects every two year period prior to the biennial renewal date of April 30.
- Renewal Date: April 30, of even years.
- CE Reporting Cycle: Biennial. Credits must be earned between May 1 of the renewal year and April 30 of the next renewal year (for example, May 1, 2020 - April 30, 2022).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Hawaii State Board does not pre-approve courses or providers. Courses approved by IDCEC or AIA under the HSW designation are generally acceptable. However, it is the licensee’s responsibility to use his/her professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the criteria of the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Licensees are not required to submit documentation with the application for renewal.
- Tracking of Credits: Records of continuing education should be kept for at least four years from the date of completion. Did you know? Design Arts Seminars keeps track of the courses you take with us.
- Audit: The Board may conduct a random audit. Those selected will need to submit evidence of compliance with the CE requirements.
- Hawaii Licensed Architects CE Requirements
- Hawaii Board of Professional Engineers, Architects, Surveyors, and Landscape Architects Rules And Regulations