Washington DC Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements
Micène Fontaine, August 19, 2016
The District of Columbia (DC) Board of Architecture and Interior Design requires Washington DC interior designers to complete 10 hours of Continuing Education every 2 years.
- CE Requirement: 10 contact hours every 2 years. All 10 hours/credits must qualify as HSW (Health, Safety & Welfare) credits.
- Renewal Deadline: October 31 of even-numbered years.
- CE Cycle: Biennial - Credits must be earned in the 2-year period immediately preceding the renewal date. (i.e. when you renew October 31, 2022, you will report credits earned between November 1, 2020 and October 31, 2022.
- Acceptable Coursework: Continuing education courses must be IDCEC approved under the HS/W Designation. Final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers CANNOT report continuing education credits earned to the Board. Licensees must be prepared to submit documentation (e.g. a transcript or certificates from the course providers).
- Carry-over of credits: Not permitted
- Did you know? Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically to the International Design Continuing Education Council (IDCEC) so you don’t have to.
Post your comments or questions to this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.