Washington DC Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements
Micène Fontaine, August 19, 2016
The District of Columbia (DC) Board of Architecture and Interior Design requires Washington DC interior designers to complete 10 hours of Continuing Education every 2 years.
- CE Requirement: 10 contact hours every 2 years. All 10 hours/credits must qualify as HSW (Health, Safety & Welfare) credits.
- Renewal Deadline: October 31 of even-numbered years.
- CE Cycle: Biennial - Credits must be earned in the 2-year period immediately preceding the renewal date. (i.e. when you renew October 31, 2022, you will report credits earned between November 1, 2020 and October 31, 2022).
- Acceptable Coursework: Continuing education courses must be IDCEC approved under the HS/W Designation. Final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers CANNOT report continuing education credits earned to the Board. Licensees must be prepared to submit documentation (e.g. a transcript or certificates from the course providers). Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Carry-over of credits: Not permitted
- Are you registered in another state? If so, check out the Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also maintaining a professional membership? Check out the continuing education requirements for ASID and IIDA.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.