Colorado Architecture Continuing Education Requirements
Marifi Tipton, October 16, 2018
- CE Requirement: Twelve CEHs (Continuing Education Hours) per calendar year. All twelve CEHs must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) credits. Regardless of how the course is delivered (e.g in-person lecture, online webinar, etc.), participation in a process or procedure (such as a quiz) that demonstrates whether the architect retained the material presented is required*.
- Carry Over Credits: Not allowed
- Acceptable Coursework: The Colorado Board does not pre-approve courses or providers of continuing education. Use your professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria as summarized in this post and - most importantly - as detailed on Board's website (see "Source" at the end of this post for weblink).
- Reporting of Credits: Providers CANNOT report continuing education credits earned to the Colorado Board, neither can registrants (except in case of audit - see "audit" below).
- Tracking of Credits: Licensees are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least six years from date of completion.
- Audit: A random sample of registrants will be audited. If audited (and only if audited), registrants will be asked to submit documentation.
Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.
* Only our text-based distance learning and on-demand webinars contain the required "proof of retention (quiz)". The HSW designation varies per course.