The District of Columbia Board of Architecture and Interior Design requires DC-licensed interior designers to complete 10 hours of continuing education every 2 years.
- CE Requirement: 10 contact hours every 2 years. All 10 hours/credits must qualify as HSW (Health, Safety & Welfare) credits.
- Renewal Deadline: October 31 of even-numbered years.
- CE Cycle: Credits must be earned in the 2-year period immediately preceding the renewal date. For example, when you renew in October of 2016, you will report credits earned between November 1, 2014 and October 31, 2016.
- Acceptable Coursework: Continuing education courses must be IDCEC approved under the HS/W Designation. Final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers CANNOT report continuing education credits earned to the Board. Licensees must be prepared to submit documentation (e.g. a transcript or certificates from the course providers).
- Carry-over of credits: Not permitted
Please post your comments or questions in the comments section below or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.