Arkansas Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements
Steven Faviano, November 15, 2021
Registered Arksansas interior designers are required to complete 6 hours of Continuing Education every calendar year.
- CE Requirement: 6 Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) per calendar year. All 6 credits must qualify as Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW) credits.
- Renewal Date: January 31 annually.
- CE Cycle: Annual - Credits must be earned in the calendar year immediately preceding the renewal date. For example, credits earned between January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021 will count toward the January 2022 renewal.
- Acceptable Coursework: The Arkansas State Board of Architects, Landscape Architects, and Interior Designers accepts courses approved by IDCEC under the HSW designation. It is up to the licensee to determine whether the activity meets the Board’s requirements and final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers CANNOT report continuing education credits earned to the Arkansas Board. Registered interior designers are required to attest to the completion of CE requirements as a condition of renewal. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Registered interior designers are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 6 years following the registration renewal for which credits were claimed. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically to IDCEC.
- Audit: All Arkansas-registered interior designers are subject to audit by the Board and upon request will need to provide documentation to support the CEHs claimed at renewal.
- Carry-over Credits: Not permitted.
- Are you registered in another state? If so, check out the Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also maintaining a professional membership? Check out the continuing education requirements for ASID and IIDA.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.